This blog is a place for me to debrief myself after my classes. It will serve both as a place for venting and as an archive for what worked and didn't work for me. I welcome outsider comments about teaching techniques or anything else.
Passed out Informal Mid-Term Evals. last week. I wanted to do this before they got their first grades so that they would be less influenced by their own performance.
Anyway, what you do with information like this? As you'll see, lots of consistency.
Here are some of the "highlights":
Yay Sociology!!!!
Two Thumbs Way Up!
I always learn from videos.
Can we watch more movies?
I think movie clips would be helpful.
The readings are interesting and the assignments are challenging, but rewarding.
The readings and opportunity assignments are helpful because they help me understand the concepts a little better.
The readings are a little repetitive.
The assignments require more work than I thought they would.
Not all of the readings are helpful in relation to the topics.
The same people talk the entire time.
Group discussions can get a little off track.
Can you mediate the discussions a little more?
I love the group discussions.
Getting to hear how my classmates think about a particular issue has been my favorite part.
I really enjoy the group discussions.
>
0 comments